Applying for Membership
The Toledo Potters’ Guild is seeking applications from local ceramic artists interested in becoming active members of the Guild.
The Potters’ Guild has been located in the Artists’ Village at the Toledo Botanical Garden since 1964. We are dedicated to supporting the ceramic arts in the greater Toledo area and educating the public about the history, value, and beauty of ceramic art.
Member benefits include:
• Access to fully-equipped studios in two buildings (#5 and 6 in the Artists’ Village)
• Electric wheels (Brent, Shimpo, Creative Industries, Soldner)
• 1 updraft gas kiln; 3 electric kilns with computer-control firing; raku kiln
• Extensive material supplies for mixing clays, slips, and glazes
• Spray booth; slab roller; extruder
• Limited individual storage space
• Opportunities to participate in TPG sales (Spring Sale; Art in The Garden in August ; Heralding the Holidays)
• Active and supportive community of ceramic artists working in a variety of styles and techniques
Membership dues are $130.00/year (not including studio fees for materials and firing). Guild meetings are held the third Monday of each month (except July and August). Members are required to attend at least one meeting per year to maintain active status.
To apply, submit the completed application form and five (5) pieces of your recent work to be reviewed by the Membership Jury. Applications and pieces to be juried must be dropped off at the Guild by April 1 or September 1 of 2016.
To download an application form, click here
Please direct any questions about becoming a member to Nancy Grindulis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-260-3939